Re: DSM: Sudbury Charter Schools

From: Scott David Gray (sgray@aramis.sudval.org)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 08:52:57 EST

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Mary Rose Murrin wrote:

> Could we get off the definition of education? If the
> dictionary is not OK, then what is? Where did you get
> your definition? Name the scholarly source. If the
> proponents and founders of Sudbury feel that their model
> is education then we should respect their operational
> definitions- at least on their own list. Anything else

Hi all. While I generally agree with the sentiment of this
post, I would like to take a moment to clarify something:

The discuss-sudbury-model list is neither owned nor endorsed
by Sudbury Valley or any other Sudbury model school. This
list is a private list, at first maintianed by me (an
alumnus) as a private individual.

When I became a staff member at Sudbury Valley it did _not_
change the nature of this list -- it is still a private
mailing list. When SVS got an internet connection, and my
email account moved from tiac.net to sudval.org _that_ did
not change the private nature of this list. When Sudbury
Valley set up a majordomo mailing list server and it became
cost-effective for me as a private person to host the
mailing list at sudval.org, this list remained a private
list.

Thank you!

--