DSM: Re: Sudbury Charter Schools

From: David Rovner (rovners@netvision.net.il)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 02:51:10 EST

To me, the challenge is to give everyone -- not equality but -- equal opportunity: the "gifted", the "average", the "learning disabled". . .

" . . . Each of us, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, has our own unique contribution to make to the development of human culture . . ."

" . . . Every person I have ever met has some special interest, something he or she is really good at. It is that special spark in each human being that makes them interesting, and ,makes us want to seek out their wisdom and counsel . . ."

" . . . Let's make it our goal to produce a nation of eccentric entrepeneurs of the mind and spirit, measurable not by some standard tests of uniform knowledge, but by the degree to which each of us is able to make some small original contribution to the advancement of human culture"

[quotations from: "We Need Less Homogenization, and Much More Variation in our Schools", Education in America -- A View From Sudbury Valley, Daniel Greenberg][emphasis mine.- D.R.]

"The child is not the mere creature of the State."

David Rovner - rovners@netvision.net.il
Favors ending government involvement in education,
working for the Advancement of Democratic Schools
& the Freedom of Learning, Individual Rights and
Objectivist philosophy in Israel.
http://www.sepschool.org/cgi/RegDisp.cgi/global

Separate School from State
http://www.sepschool.org