DSM: Re: Sudbury Charter Schools

From: Kristin Harkness (kristin@harkness.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 07:57:15 EST

Mary Rose,

The Blue Mountain School in Oregon is a publicly funded school; check them
out at www.bluemountain-school.org . And here's a recent newspaper article:
http://www.registerguard.com/news/20020219/tw.blueschool.0218.html .

The Village School of Northfield in Minnesota is also publicly funded. I
don't think they have a web site, but Karen Locke from the Village School
has posted here on DSM. Here's a link to one of her archived postings in
which she talks a bit about the Village School
http://www.sudval.org/~sdg/archives/dsm7/0203.html .

If you haven't checked it out already, you might find the Sudbury Education
Resource Network www.sudburynetwork.org helpful, at least I hope so, since
as the site's webmaster I work hard on it! There are two Sudbury schools
and a start-up group in Florida right now.

Best of luck,
Kristin Harkness