Re: DSM: Re: TCS (Taking Children Seriously): Non-coercive Schools?

From: Ardeshir Mehta, N.D. (ardeshir@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 20:26:16 EST

Hi everyone, and especially Travis and David,

Don't you think David's post (of Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:19:31-0500)
and Travis's (partially re-quoted hereunder) are mutually contra-
dictory? David claims, as I understand it, that the philosophies
of TCS and SVS are *not* contradictory to one another; on the
other hand, Travis claims, as I understand it, that they are.

So who is right? Surely both cannot be so.

Best,

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/AllMyFiles.html>

PS:

(By the way, TCS has never opted for "consensus" -- rather their
Web pages make it clear that they are very much *against* con-
sensus. Of course they are not in favour of "majority rules", as in
democracy, either. They are in favour of what they call "common
preferences", which is not at all the same as consensus -- and of
course it is also not the same as "majority rules".)