DSM: Re: Let's start something big

From: Ann Ide (ann.ide@rcn.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 11:16:48 EST

Hi Jason,

Well, you convinced me! (But I'm an easy customer at this point.) No,
really, personally, I liked your writing style. It is easy to read and
personable. I think good writing affects the reader at an emotional core in
some way. Your piece sure seems like it would strike some emotional
triggers of many teenagers. They can probably easily relate to what you are
talking about; and it hooks the reader right away. I also think your
piece has the potential to motivate not only those who already have
"revolutionary tendencies", but even the ones leaning toward resignation.
Your passion is almost contagious.

Having said that, I can't really comment further in an editing sort of way
unless you want to tell me who you intend your audience to be and where one
would read this article. Is it for a newspaper or just to send to your
network online?

Your goals are admirable. Since you are aware of this list; I assume you
are also aware of the Sudbury Valley School website and all the books, etc.
available?

Hats off to you, Jason; and good luck!

Ann Ide
(SVS parent)