DSM: Freedom?

From: Liz Reid and Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 21:50:15 EST

The discussion lately has centered on the concept of freedom, whether adults
are truly *giving* freedom to children or are they merely acting with
ulterior motives.

So far everyone seems to be writing under the agreement that there is such a
thing as free will.

When so much of what happens in our bodies is outside of our control, why do
we assume that we are fully in control of our thoughts and actions?

How do we not condition by the very act of consciously trying not to
condition?

What is this *we* that makes these decisions?

Aren't we all just talking about relative freedom?

Liz