RE: DSM: "The purpose for which [Sudbury] is formed ..."

From: Liz Reid and Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 17:18:42 EST

> The work, our work, is to greet them as they have arrived,
> without hope or
> dreams or anticipations in our hearts.
>
> (This, by the way, is why this work is largely about loss)

How do you verify that this is indeed the case? How do you measure whether
the staff are without hope, dreams or anticipation? I would be very curious
as I have yet to meet such a person, all the people I know are full of hope,
dreams and anticipation. I can't help wondering if I would want such a
person around my children, particularly if all the adults were of this type.
Liz