Re: DSM: "The purpose for which [Sudbury] is formed ..."

From: Sugmapl@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 07:44:21 EST

Dear Travis and Ardeshir and Mike,

For me it is as straightforward as this:

The child arrives at the school house door, in the morning, at Sudbury, with
no hopes or anticipations or dreams in their heart that we, the parents and
staff and founders, will someday and somehow become "productive members of
the larger community".

The work, our work, is to greet them as they have arrived, without hope or
dreams or anticipations in our hearts.

(This, by the way, is why this work is largely about loss)

Warmest Regards,
Bill Richardson