DSM: innate learning

From: Shelli Buhr (shellibuhr@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 02:33:38 EST

>>Are there any studies/data to back this assertion up about children
reading > before they are ready "prove" the SVS philosophy re:
anti-coersion,
> anti-authoritarianism, anti-rewards/punishments>>

I think the proof is in the pudding. I would imagine the scores of these
graduating teens are much higher even than the norm.

I know this is going to sound silly and isnt proof but I recalled something
about my daughter when she was potty training. At one, I weened her off the
bottle and at two, I had this wonderful agenda to get her to potty train.
She didnt want any part of it. I tried everything, including M&M's for
bribery. Her ped. dr. said, dont worry about it. She will do it when she is
ready.

One day, she decided she was ready, took of her diaper and was done with
them. I think I had maybe one or two accidents, but more so with not paying
attention to her "needs" and wanting to play, she ran out of time.

She trained herself "when" she was ready. I didnt even have to do anything.

Methinks she taught me.

Blessings,
Shelli