Re: DSM: Re: Is Sudbury not "Life lived, period"?

From: SudburyByTheSea@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 20:22:30 EST

In a message dated 01/28/2002 4:06:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ardeshir@sympatico.ca writes:

> if Sudbury is "Life lived,
> period", then it should surely contain ALL that life has to offer --
> INCLUDING unsolicited help.

I'm new to this list and am enjoying this back-and-forth. "To help or not to
help". It's interesting because I do think this is a social phenomenon that
shows up in all of us in one way or another. And I think it's important to
look at what "help" implies versus "service". When we are offering help,
especially unsolicited, we are proud and superior. Often this creates an
unnessesary resistance. Think about how this applies to where you do offer
help now. You've all heard/uttered the phrase, "I was only trying to help".
Being in service to someone is coming from gratitude. You never hear the
phrase, "I was only trying to serve."

Lielle Arad