Re: DSM: Re: Re: Dyslexia / scientific proof

From: Vserda@cs.com
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 18:06:42 EST

Are there any studies/data to back this assertion up about children reading
before they are ready? I am starting a thesis which will back up the
philosophy of SVS school with academic studies, etc. and I'd like to get any
studies which will help to "prove" the SVS philosophy re: anti-coersion,
anti-authoritarianism, anti-rewards/punishments, etc. I know this may seem
strange to some, but I really hope to try to quiet some of the doubts some
people have about these theories with scientific proof as much as possible. I
wish it didn't have to be that way, but society doesn't use common sense very
much.
Thanks for your help in advance,
Victoria Serda