Re: DSM: students rights

From: Mark Stafford & Angela Sevin (markangela@mail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 13:33:36 EST

Travis,

I think you bring up a good point, in that perhaps the question to be asked is:
How does an adult (or anyone for that matter) perceive "who is in need of
assistance"? Is is not possible that the view of a "helpless child" can be called
into question here, and in fact the adults are the ones in need of "help"? This
story is played out on a global scale when big daddy U.S. goes into little child
countries to give "foreign assistance"....

I think a whole mindset shift is called for here.

Angela