DSM: RE: RE: Unsolicited help

From: Liz Reid and Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 11:43:51 EST

> And also, comparisons with how adults interact with one another in open
> society do not dictate how adults should relate with children in a
> Sudbury School. They should not. The situations and objectives are
> entirely different.

You may have already said this a thousand times in your other posts, but
could you please just fill me in one more time as to how the situations and
objectives differ? When a staff does not offer help to a child in a
situation where they would naturally have offered help to an adult, what
would be the justification? Is this non-interference not sending a message
to the child, i.e., you are a child and therefore you need to figure this
out without help even though I would offer help to an adult in your
situation?

Liz