Re: DSM: students rights

From: Ann Ide (ann.ide@rcn.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 19:41:56 EST

Thanks,Mimsy. You made me smile. This is still a tough one to uphold 100%
. But you're right. For now, I will just take a deep breath and see what 8
brings. He has talked about it already; so I am thinking he might feel like
he will be ready. As much as I want and try to be the model Sudbury parent,
this one is just so scary! This is more than respecting a child's rights.
This involves trusting the child's competence at making good judgements ,in
this case about his ability to stay safe .
We'll talk more when the time comes, I'm sure.
Ann