Re: DSM: students rights

From: Ardeshir Mehta, N.D. (ardeshir@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 16:40:30 EST

Joe,

You wrote:

> Ann,
>
> I do agree that there is some gray area. I think that common parental
> nagging which most of us engage in (regarding our kid's physical health,
> diet, etc.) doesn't do much to degrade the school experience for them.
> It's just that I have seen examples of wholesale tutoring and
> homeschooling on the side at Fairhaven and I have a problem with it.

I was wondering what you meant by "tutoring". Does it mean
that the child wants to learn something the teachers in the school
cannot teach? Then I see no problem with it. On the other hand,
why would parents send their kids to a school where something
is NOT taught?

If it is the parents' wish to have their child learn some subject he
*does not* want to learn, however, then I agree; but in that case
too, I don't see why they would send their child to Fairhaven.

Best,

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/AllMyFiles.html>