Re: DSM: students rights

From: Shelli Buhr (shellibuhr@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 19:25:29 EST

I enjoyed reading this intereaction.

At first when I was getting inspired to create a different kind of education
system, I felt that my personal beliefs were key in implementing into the
curriculam. But after reading the book, Free at Last, which I received from
a website called abraham-hicks.com, I recognized that being my experience as
a teacher of metaphysics and energy medicine, wouldnt be applicable in any
curriculam. (Eye opening for my ego by the way)

At first, I had a hard time with the understanding that there is no
curriculam. I had to really explore this from the perspective of being a
child, what would I have chosen?

It sure took my imagination on a whirlwind as I discovered that I rather
enjoy the arts, drama, writing, music, etc. I can honestly say that I would
have chosen completely different things than what I did.

Even though my daughters are 16 and 17, I wish they too could have gone
through the experience of choosing ther own way and means of learning. Just
like the beliefs being different, both of my children have learned in very
unique ways. But they have both learned, none-the-less.

The reason I felt this was because it made so much sense to let the children
choose for themselves is becuase of the value I believe in by tap into their
own natural and individual divine spark. This is where genius originates

Although I truly wish I could be part of the actual teaching of these
children, to experience their growth by watching first hand, I know that I
have nothing to offer here other than to just bring the school together so
they can do their magic.

I am the editor for a newsletter and the march issue is on the Magical
Child. The focus is on school philosophies and embracing the divinity in
each child. Would anyone care to contribute something? Please feel free to
send me a personal email. Thanks!

Blessings,
Shelli