Re: DSM: students rights

From: Dana Matthew Bennis (dbennis12@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 15:44:41 EST

At 01:35 PM 1/23/02 -0500, you wrote:
> I just what overall clarification, which I deem of extreme importance:
>Which do you mean? If child A cannot read, though he tries mightily, should
>he (1) be more focused on the things he does well, or (2) is he entitled to
>help from professionals outside of school? I am sure that all of the meaning
>behind your statements was not conveyed, and I look forward to hearing the
>true meaning from you.

Travis, what about: (3) is he entitled to some help from those at school,
such as a staff member or a student who can read? Surely there is no need
to jump to looking for outside help so quickly, unless those at school were
already trying to help - something which you did not seem to mention.

Dana Bennis