Re: DSM: teenagedom (was: greetings)

From: Shelli Buhr (shellibuhr@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 12:53:39 EST

For example, I cannot tell you how vividly the
> "homework" propaganda I was fed sticks in ones mind. I remember such a big
> deal being made out of my school's "no homework policy"

This was one of the first changes I felt needed to take place in schools.
Why do homework? Personally, as an adult, I dont want to work all day and
then come home and do homework. So why would I expect my kids to want to do
it. I remember sitting down with my daughter doing homework was like beating
it into her head. Neither one os us wanted to be there. I learned to
implement some fun styles of getting the messages thru like teaching her
math by using money, cause she certainly likes money!

Blessings,
Shelli