Re: DSM: teenagedom (was: greetings)

From: Shelli Buhr (shellibuhr@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 00:45:34 EST

I see it as each person being human. I am not perfect. I have my obnoxious
tendencies, usually manifesting out of some fear. Why is it Sudbury children
feel they should be classified any differently. Sure they may have
advantages in being able to be more authentic, but I see that as a blessing,
which is why I am so inspired by this project, I want people to be who they
are. I kinda thought any expression is part of that equation. I guess I
would think it much like having to uphold some illusion that someone may
have of being better than, when it is all simply part of.

I am really enjoying this discussion from this observer role. It is teaching
me a lot and it keeps confirming to me that I am on the right path for me in
wanting to build these schools. To me this is a door that is an honor
because I want to see each person be able to find and express their
authentic self. Being a teacher it is not only my work, but what gift I feel
I have to share with the world. What is also odd about what I am learning is
that I don't want to teach, mostly because I am not needed there. I am
seeing the value in learning from the children as they grow and just being
able to be part of this is the joy. I want to build as many schools as I
can, so more people can experience this freedom to learn and explore life,
and to be taught on that level of understanding itself is half the battle.
People are not told how and where to to fight, but are supported as you
figure it all out along the way in a way that has meaning for the
individual. I see this as the future of education, but also of a way the
adults can heal as we release the need to be in control or right... and
reclaim our own inner children and freedom of expression. It is time to
color outside of the lines a bit methinks.

It really is nice to be here. I just wanted to share that. thank you.

Blessings,

Shelli Buhr
The Rainbow Bridge
(714) 301-5913