Re: DSM: teenagedom (was: greetings)

From: Freekids@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 16:06:32 EST

Hi Travis,

This is Robert Murphy.

Cedarwood Sudbury School
Santa Clara, California

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage trying to have this discussion, here, as my school's anti-spamming software (through aol) seems to filter about 1/3 or more of the posts to DSM.

I never saw Allen's post, and I'm not even certain you are writing in response to my post (titled "give the finger to the school bus.").

But let me say that I was not attempting to write about you, at all - much less psychoanalyze you. I was simply saying that the teens I got to know who did give the finger to the school buses did not see the passengers on the school bus as their enemies.

(I think it was Morticia who asked a question about why Sudbury kids would see public-school kids as their enemies.)

 As Joe Jackson states, I think the anger these teens expressed is as justifiable as any.

(Joe, I hope that's a safe paraphrase.)

-Robert