DSM: RE: Re: RE: teenagedom (was: greetings)

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 15:51:19 EST

Hi, mort!

> it is perhaps absolutely necessary to the learning process.

-Or maybe- it's something that is not necessary but a priceless
ingredient in the development of a person who can deeply feel a wide
range of feelings and truly be in touch with what they feel. One of the
things about modern society that I lament is the attitudes we have about
anger. It really pisses me off (just kidding).

Seriously, I've never considered anger to be something wrong or painful
or afraid of (despite what our parents might have taught us). On the
contrary, what screws people up is when they learn to be afraid of it
imo, e.g. passive-aggressive (which drives me absolutely crazy) and
repressed anger.

Anyway, that's just my idiotic opinion - I'm sure no psychologist.

-Joe