DSM: teenagedom (was: greetings)

From: morticia crone (medea9mac@surfeu.de)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 06:23:19 EST

hello travis, robert and alan,

thinking back, i remember a 15 year old teenager who looked upon preppies
and felt revolted at what she took them to represent: conservatism,
narrow-mindedness, intolerance, elitism and saw them as lackeys to
Authority. they were the bane of the punks (for which i stood with my foot
high mohawk and attitude to match), the mods and the weirdos (my tribe).

but although we may self-righteously pass judgement upon others, this
attitude comes ultimately from a basis of insecurity in ourselves. being an
idealist, i had, unbeknownst to myself, hopes that sudbury students in the
throes of teenagedom would not be prey to one of the most common afflictions
of those years: misplaced anger.

my mistake.

~morticia~