DSM: RE: Re: RE: Greetings...

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 23:12:54 EST

Hi, Shelli.

> Also I would like to know about Ratios of student to staff.

We have four or five staff per day in a school of approximately 50
students.

> What are your feelings about year round schooling, Sudbury style?.

I don't believe that the staff can maintain the school 12 months a year.
I would not want to be in a position to hire a whole separate staff just
to serve over the summer - it's hard enough finding quality staff as it
is. We do a two-week summer school, and that's about all we can handle.

We have lots of students and some parents mention year-round schooling.
It's just that our staff faces burn-out every spring and need the two
months off to rest and get ready for the next year.

-Joe Jackson
Fairhaven School