DSM: Re: Re: Complete list of schools?

From: Kristin Harkness (kristin@harkness.net)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 18:32:54 EST

Shelli and Alex,
You may want to read and possibly post on the Person to Person bulletin board at www.sudburynetwork.org/networking.htm?People.htm . You'll find various postings from folks in California, and a start-up group in Malibu. SERN's Maps page at www.sudburynetwork.org/networking.htm?Maps.htm organizes the Sudbury schools, groups and postings geographically.

We agree with Scott that "Freedom to make one's own choices is central to the Sudbury movement". That is why the Sudbury schools and groups listed at SERN are self-identified. In other words, we don't say that they follow the Sudbury model, they do. All listings at SERN are by permission, and with information supplied by the school or group. We work hard to keep our list complete and up to date. Many Sudbury model schools link to SERN's list, either in addition to, or in place of, maintaining their own list.

If DSM readers are interested in learning a bit about SERN's founders and members we have recently added a "Who We Are" page to our site at http://www.sudburynetwork.org/about.htm?Us.htm . We also have a piece which will appear in the next issue of our journal, Perspectives on Sudbury Education, in which we discuss how and why SERN was formed. It should be on-line in about a month.

Hope this helps!
Kristin