DSM: The library

From: JerryAERO@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 13:41:43 EST

In a message dated 12/22/01 10:20:38 AM, Sugmapl@aol.com writes:

<< But there is a second paradigm. Your statement : "We don't evaluate their
progress" is a near perfect statement of this second paradigm. >>

Is this really such an odd concept? They don't test or evaluate us when we go
to the library, do they? The assumption is that the patrons know what they
are doing and what they want to learn. I think this is closer to the paradigm
of what education must be, going forward. Here's a better question: Why don't
traditional educators get it?

Jerry