Re: DSM: RE: Mighty Joe Jackson and the Everlasting Diploma Discussion

From: Romey Pittman (dodon@erols.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 21:46:01 EST

Just to piggyback on what Joe said below, I think its worth mentioning that
the Assembly motion came from a student who wants to graduate this year, and
was supported by several other soon-to-graduate students. They were
undoubtedly influenced by a student who transferred here last year from
Evergreen and also hopes to graduate this year under a SVS-style procedure,
since he has spoken very highly of the process at Evergreen. I think the
fact that it came from students this time around had a pretty big effect on
people's opinions about it. (Nobody wants to listen to grownups like me
ranting and raving about it.)

Romey (Fairhaven staff)