DSM: Graduation Diploma

From: The Booroobin Sudbury School (admin@booroobinschool.com.au)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 17:20:12 EST

Hi,
Much has been said about the meaning of the word "Diploma" and whether or not it is "fraud". It certainly is not fraud when we clearly state what we mean by Diploma, and don't make out that the document is something other than what we intended it to be. On our Graduation Diploma, we state: "The Booroobin Sudbury School offers a Diploma to students who have, in the judgement of the Assembly (our School community comprising parents, Staff and Students), adequately defended the Thesis that they have taken responsibility for preparing themselves to be effective adults in the larger community". This Diploma is awarded to the following Student who has successfully defended her / his Thesis: Student's name. Diplomas may mean different things to different people. The meaning of our Dilpoma and the reason for it being issued are obvious.
Regards, Derek
The Booroobin Sudbury School
www.booroobinschool.com.au