DSM: diploma clarification

From: Bruce Smith (bsmith@coin.org)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 14:21:57 EST

In my previous post, I referred to the Fairhaven diploma as non-evaluative.
This, I just realized, is a misnomer: people at Fairhaven _have_ evaluated
that a certain amount of time (three years, right?) and attendance in good
standing are adequate measures that an individual has attained suffucient
experience to warrant a diploma. Every time a student pursues such a
diploma, some minimal evaluation must occur that s/he did in fact attain
the attendance/good standing criteria.

My apologies for perpetuating the obfuscative confusion...

Bruce