RE: DSM: Diploma

From: Linda Jackson (lwjackson@jazztbone.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 07:29:12 EST

I guess I'll stop lurking and respond to my husband's posts. (Thanks Joe for
bringing this subject up.) My biggest gripe with an evaluative diploma
process is the affect it will have on the school. I am concerned that is
will set an agenda for students and nullify our efforts to have a
non-coercive place of learning. Also, I do not like being asked to judge
another person. Their ability to be successful in the world at large is very
difficult, if not impossible, to predict.
        Linda Jackson