RE: DSM: Diploma

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 00:50:42 EST

And,

> Presumably, any/every institution endorses itself
> and its own methodology.

This is all a diploma is anyway! When a conventional school gives a
student a diploma, all they are basically certifying is that the student
completed their studies using the methods of the school and therefore
they endorse the student. They are not making any statements about the
student themselves, guarantees or promises that they learned something
or will behave a certain way.

They are saying that the fact that the student completed their studies
at their school combined with the trust they have in their methodology
equals an endorsement of the student. That's the same thing we are
saying with our diploma, just that while their criteria may be tests,
ours is time.

-Joe