RE: DSM: Diploma

From: Scott David Gray (sgray@aramis.sudval.org)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 00:08:18 EST

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Joe Jackson wrote:

> Scott writes:
>
> > I'm forced to ask myself what could possibly be the
> > value of a diploma which is _not_ an endorsement of the
> > holder given at the end of an evaluation.
>
> An endorsement of the *intitution* and a statement of trust in the
> process by which the holder came to the completion of her time there.

I can't really picture anyone, who cares about whether or
not a person has a diploma, caring one way or another
whether a school that the person attended endorsed its own
methods. Presumably, any/every institution endorses itself
and its own methodology.

If you think that an internal accreditation of the school is
valuable, why not just do _that_ and call it accreditation,
rather than disguising it as a diploma?

--

--Scott David Gray
reply to: sgray@sudval.org