DSM: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Homeschooling and the sense of community

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 22:04:12 EST

> So then on what basis do you see children building
> their own culture, using financial and community resources,
> as such an important part of life that they need to do it
> every day, five days a week, for twelve years?

I never said anyone needs to do anything. My children choose to go to
Fairhaven. As long as that's what they want, I will support it.

> How about the
> opportunity cost of not spending at least some of that time
> living in a town around adults who are working, families that
> are doing what families do, and children doing what children do.

That sounds more like Fairhaven than anything else I see when I look at
the world around me...

> Come on Joe, surely you can think of a really compelling
> reason for the existance of Sudbury Schools?

Sure. The most compelling reason for the existence of Fairhaven is so
Jimmy and Josette can go there!

-Joe