RE: DSM: RE: RE: RE: Homeschooling and the sense of community

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 21:57:53 EST

> I take it that Joe's referent is Sudbury schools? So the reality is
> that our children will grow up to live in Sudbury Schools?
> Is that why
> people go to Sudbury Schools to prepare them for lifetime
> roles in Sudbury Schools?

??

Just for the record, I was responding to a long email from Liz extolling
the virtues of homeschooling, and how homeschoolers get culture-building
and community from playing at each other's house and at the park, and I
added that one cannot understate the value of building community on
neutral ground using community resources that belong to the group and
not someone's household.

The African village thing was part of someone else's point.

-Joe