DSM: RE: RE: RE: RE: Homeschooling and the sense of community

From: Liz Reid&Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 19:04:15 EST

> > > I think the effect of having a neutral site wherein kids
> can build
> > > their culture using financial and community resources cannot be
> > > understated.
> >
> > I would be very interested in hearing how this was
> > accomplished in the African village.
>
> I was referring to a Sudbury model school.
>
> -Joe

I see. So then on what basis do you see children building their own
culture, using financial and community resources, as such an important
part of life that they need to do it every day, five days a week, for
twelve years? How about the opportunity cost of not spending at least
some of that time living in a town around adults who are working,
families that are doing what families do, and children doing what
children do.

Come on Joe, surely you can think of a really compelling reason for the
existance of Sudbury Schools?

Liz