RE: DSM: RE: RE: RE: Homeschooling and the sense of community

From: Liz Reid&Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 18:54:07 EST

> I'd be interested in the African village model if our kids at Sudbury
> model schools were expected to grow up and take on a lifetime role in
> an African village. But, given the reality, I think Joe has the
> appropriate referent.

I take it that Joe's referent is Sudbury schools? So the reality is
that our children will grow up to live in Sudbury Schools? Is that why
people go to Sudbury Schools to prepare them for lifetime roles in
Sudbury Schools?

If I were choosing an environment that closely approximates my view of
how I hope my children will live when they grow up, I hope it will
resemble how we live; in a town with friendly neighbors, both parents
working at home or nearby, extended family close, and lots of happy
children running around in the streets. Of course that may not be
reality. Perhaps they will end up living in Sudbury Schools, I can
certainly imagine worse scenarios.

Liz