DSM: RE: RE: Homeschooling and the sense of community

From: Liz Reid&Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 12:32:12 EST

> I think the effect of having a neutral site wherein kids can
> build their
> culture using financial and community resources cannot be understated.

Kind of like practicing for their future? Practicing how to build a
village? I thought that in the African model they already were in the
village? I actually cannot make a comment on this as at our free
schools there never were any financial resources to use. I guess we
missed out on the effects of that.

I would be very interested in hearing how this was accomplished in the
African village. Perhaps it is something we could replicate in our
town?

Thanks,
Liz