DSM: RE: Re: RE: sense of community

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 07:59:11 EST

Ann,

> Seems kids are very egocentric in early years, to me.

Yes, roughly from birth to post-toddler (I hate Piageting kids - puts me
off my breakfast). But it appears to me that there is an almost
universal flowering of the nurturing instinct that happens a little
later...

Thanks for relating your feelings about "belongingness" at the school.
It seems like the size of Sudbury Valley might be a substantial factor
in the limits you seem to be encountering. While this is useful
information to me for consideration as to the future of Fairhaven, I
hope that over time your sense of isolation is diminished.

-Joe