Re: DSM: sense of community

From: Evfocus@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 15:36:35 EST

Hi Ann,
Our School is 5 years old. Two years ago, it started a parents club to
discuss questions about the philosophy and understanding what takes place in
the school. It has been helpful for my feeling a sense of community.
Our school has about 20 people. I think my daughter knows the names of most
of the parents. Our small size has meant she has had oppurtunity to talk to
them. I think she would say that she experiences staff,parents and most
students as part of her community.
I think individual kids our doing alturistic activities for organizations
outside the school. We don't have an organized alturistic group.
Evelyn
DVS Parent