DSM: sense of community

From: Ann Ide (ann.ide@rcn.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 12:05:34 EST

Feel like this one got lost and I'd still like more if anyone else is interested and willing. How do Sudbury kids , in your observations, experience community at school? Who tends to be included in that community- just their fellow students and staff, or parents,as well? Do parents feel it? Is their any altruistic activity? (I think it was Joe that mentioned helping out local fire victims.) If so, is it initiated by kids or adults? How do you think caring about the world outside your own little one (ie school, family) is learned?

Sorry. Lotta questions together, but all related. Like I said before, can't tell much from my perspective at SVS.

Ann