DSM: Re: sudbury in the home

From: Brooks Elms (lbrookse@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 12:30:06 EST

I think the "Taking Children Seriously" people
have some fiery theories about respectful rules in the home.
http://www.tcs.ac/

For something on the tame side, I think Dr. Thomas Gordon's
 "P.E.T. Parent Effectiveness Training" book
has some detailed, thoughtful, home democracy concepts.
Many of the examples struck me as woefully corny,
but the underlying idea structure, to me, seemed to have
some Sudbury-style merit.

Brooks