Re: DSM: textbook question

From: morticia crone (medea9mac@surfeu.de)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 17:59:46 EST

quote:
Romey from Fairhaven here... Anyway, I assume everyone out there gets Title VI funds, no? Its federal money for textbooks and library supplies, and now a whole lot more, that, at least in MD is distributed through county boards of education. We get abut $400 per year from that... Maryland also has a non-public schools textbook program where we've gotted a couple of thousand bucks to spend on "textbooks". The paperwork is outrageous, but we have gooten a lot of nice books out of it, mostly not textbooks.

uh, joe? didn't you say you wouldn't want public funds?

joe wrote:
I, for one, am not interested in taking public money for the operation
of Fairhaven. I don't want to ever be in a situation where the public
or the government have a stake or say in the operation of our school,
and legally, accepting public money gives it to them.

no offense, i'm just picking bones here. feel like commenting?

~morticia~