RE: DSM: Graduates without essential life skills

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 16:35:56 EST

There are also regional accrediting agencies that can provide
accreditation. What Mark is speaking of is the fact that until recently
Sudbury Valley School was accredited by the one in their region, perhaps
the Northeast Association of Schools and Colleges (name??).

My understanding is that the politics within this organizationn has
changed over the years, with folks with a naarower view of what a school
should do coming into power, and it became increasingly apparent to many
at Sudbury Valley that the energy and expense that was being put into
this process was becoming wasteful, in view of the fact that NASC (or
whatever it is called) has become increasingly irrelevent with regard to
democratic education in general and Sudbury model education in
particular.

-Joe