Re: DSM: Graduates without essential life skills

From: Mark Ide (mide@rcn.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 11:02:55 EST

Dear William:

Sudbury Valley has a lot of experience (time and money) dealing with the
accreditation bureau in the past. I attended a school meeting last Spring
and witnessed a near overwhelming majority vote of NO confidence (in my
opinion, I don't recall the exact ruling) in the accreditation board, and
their attempt at positioning themselves as powerful, or meaningful. I am in
full agreement, that in regards to our small, lovely, private education
community, their opinions and therefore their judgments are meaningless to
us. They do not understand, recognize, nor respect the standards and values
put forth by Sudbury Valley (and vice versa.) The last I know of, we
(Sudbury Valley) were seceding from their (now comes my harsh opinion)
pretentious power game.

This is just my perception, at this time.

Enjoy,

Mark