Re: DSM:RE: state subsidy

From: Gayle Remisch (tegdib@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 17:58:33 EST

Thanks,

We've been working on some crative fund finding. I work on the
weekends as a Clown, doing kids birthday parties. Some of the parents
who owe me money for their children coming here then will look after my
20 month old Willow for me so I can go and do those jobs and not have
to pay a babysitter. One has approached his sister who is now paying
the other half of what his mother can't. That has helped make the
family stronger by everyone having an interest in what is happening.
They take greater interest in helping this young man at home by
spending more time with him to get to know what he's learning and who
he is shaping up to be. He has also put his efforts forth by watching
Willow when I was having to work outside the home/school in the
evenings.

I'll tell you that made for pretty long days, 8-3 with the kids, 4-8 at
my job, and weekends clowning. I learned very early that you have to
make the time to do what you need to and want to.

One other parent has said lots about what she is going to do to help
out, filing, web page etc., but so far it has been all talk and no
action. Unfortunately, her daughter is out of school due to her life
being threatened and so she is here incognito so I can't just turf her.

But then there's that one parent from 2 years ago who still puts the
random amount into my account whenever she can. One month it was $500
from her income tax, then $20, then $100, and her son stopped coming
here in June, but she still pays what she can when she can, and says
she will forever, that's how much what I did for her means to her.

It's the relationships that are the biggest treasure. The work is all
worth it, when I get a kid who comes to me with his christmas gift
money (money received from relatives) and says, I want to give this to
the school, to make sure it stays open. I cried, his mum cried... and
this was a kid who previously was kicked out of school for being
violent to other kids.

It just tells me I'm doing something right.

I'll perservere as usual.

Gayle