RE: DSM: Graduates without essential life skills

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 17:26:01 EST

> Does the church do any other
> things besides sponsor the school? It seems ingeneous to me,
> although
> it's too bad your laws require you to do it.

Well, Karen, the thing I really like about the church is even though the
original porpose of it was to "sponsor" the school, it has turned out to
be a really fruitful way for much of the Fairhaven School community to
frame events; like school talkabouts, yoga practices and classes, a fire
victims fund for some neighbors who's home burnt, music nights, a
singing club, and the incredibly popular book club.

Additionally, the Fellowship has a half-dozen meetings per year to
attend to the business of the Church Corporation. These are the only
times the entire church meets - the rest is all small groups.

-Joe