RE: DSM: Graduates without essential life skills

From: Joe Jackson (
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 17:26:01 EST

> Does the church do any other
> things besides sponsor the school? It seems ingeneous to me,
> although
> it's too bad your laws require you to do it.

Well, Karen, the thing I really like about the church is even though the
original porpose of it was to "sponsor" the school, it has turned out to
be a really fruitful way for much of the Fairhaven School community to
frame events; like school talkabouts, yoga practices and classes, a fire
victims fund for some neighbors who's home burnt, music nights, a
singing club, and the incredibly popular book club.

Additionally, the Fellowship has a half-dozen meetings per year to
attend to the business of the Church Corporation. These are the only
times the entire church meets - the rest is all small groups.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO (do NOT reply to the mailing list) with the following