Re: DSM: Graduates without essential life skills

From: Mike Sadofsky (sadofsky@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 13:53:10 EST

William:
In Massachusetts, local school administration (under the authority of
the State) has the say on whether a school can legally operate.
Sudbury Valley School is thus authorized by the Framingham School
Committee.
Sudbury Valley itself has elected to establish and administer its own
procedures for award of a diploma. There is no legal or alleged
equivalence between a SVS diploma and a diploma awarded by a public
high school.
Hope this helps.
Mike Sadofsky