Re: DSM: Graduates without essential life skills

From: Alan Klein (Alan@klein.net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 23:41:40 EST

Great post, Bill!

Just to be clear, plasticine is a kind of clay that doesn't dry out. So I
guess Bill really meant playing WITH plasticine in his original message.

Your description of the "chronic attack" reminds me of a study I heard about
recently (I have no citation or attribution) in which they placed voice
activated recorders on little kids. It seems that fully 80% of the messages
the kids got (from parents, for the most part; these were two to four year
olds) were negative ("Don't", "No", "Stop", "Quiet", "Slow down", "Speed
up", etc.)

Depressing!

~Alan Klein