DSM: appreciation and credits

From: Karen Locke (villagespecialed@charter.net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 12:09:07 EST

Dear folks,

The people in my school are very, very grateful for your information on my
past questions. We thank you for taking the time to answer them.

I realize that some "startup" questions are usually met on a different
listserv, but Mimsy S said we don't qualify to be on it because we're not
entirely based on Sudbury Valley. So I have another question for those
schools who are willing to answer.

We allow students to choose how to spend their time and thus don't chain
them to "seat time". However, students sometimes transfer out and then
their new schools call and ask us about credits. What do you all do about
that request? It's especially difficult (and prioritized) for high
schoolers. What we've been doing is to send their test scores (we have to
test as a public school) and a list of activities and classes they've taken
part in.

Thanks,

Karen Locke