Re: DSM: RE: kicking kids out

From: Mark Ide (mide@rcn.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 09:44:34 EST

Dear Karen:

When I was in college, an economics professor once said, regarding
education, "The opportunity lost far exceeds the opportunity cost of
education."

My friendly advice is, if I were you, I would, with great dignity, kick
repeat offenders right out of my Sudbury Valley learning game. I would let
them know what a great loss it will be on their part, not mine. I'd say it's
not for everyone, that it is for those that see it, and make it happen. That
it's not a place where you have to go; that it's a place that you have to
want to go.

Personally, I want to go to a Sudbury Valley school. I can't, but I will
never stop valuing this feeling that it is the education that I want, and
that therefore, I'm going to have to make it up. So, I am. Now, no one is
going to waste my time and effort in this endeavor.

Just my humble opinion.

Good luck,

Mark