Re: DSM: Re: RE: state subsidy

From: Kolleen (Kolleen@mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 12:35:09 EST

>Joe writes:
>_I, for one, am not interested in taking public money for the operation
>of Fairhaven. I don't want to ever be in a situation where the public
>or the government have a stake or say in the operation of our school,
>and legally, accepting public money gives it to them._
>

>Morticia writes:
>i question whether this is an absolute truth. in fact i seriously doubt it.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 ( 27 F.R. 1534 ) allows the Secretary of Health,
Education and Welfare to control ALL health services, doctors,
hospitals, etc., ALL welfare services and All educational programs and
facilities, public and private.

I suppose *technically* ANY school is at risk of gov't intervention. But
I'd be hardpressed to beleive that a free school's culture isn't whittled
away when accepting funding on a state level.